Pierre wrote:

cono wrote:

[...]
If you choose to load all the styles from the new master-doc ...

[...]

I'd tried that but got very flaky results, mainly with outline numbered headings. The master document was OK, but the sub-documents didn't re-number properly. IN some cases they didn't number at all, although the font properties and paragraph styles were OK. Maybe a 'bug' in OOo 1.9.104?

Anyway, I had to finish the document so did it in Word. I'll revisit the matter later in OOo.

Okay ... Switching between OOo and MsO is possible. But in a master/sub-doc situation, thats likely to give more problems anyway.

Cor