On 25 May 2005 at 0:21, Paul wrote:

> For graphic type work the best thing to use is draw. You can then
> export directly to jpg.

But that doesn't offer a choice of resolution, just jpeg compression
quality.  A test export of a simple A4 page came out as just 770 x 1057
pixels.  Hardly hi-res.

The only place in the help file that 'resolution' appears is under
printing bitmaps, where a choice of 300 or 200 dpi is offered. Hardly
useful.

I think this is a long-standing issue - I believe I wrote to this list
a year ago about problems exporting adequate-resolution bitmaps.

--
various incoming sites blocked because of spam; see
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk for a list and openpgp crypto key