2008/9/11 mike moller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Thanks Henri
> I wasn't aware of the Google route to acquiring StarOffice however the
> limitation of not going back past XP ticks me off (same limitation
> applies to their new Chrome browser too I see) I'm a long time W2k
> user and it has in fact been these XP and later issues that have
> caused me to start looking at non-Windows platforms. As a retiree
> after 45 years in the IT industry during which I have brought more
> than enough business to M$ through recommendations to my customers I'm
> just not about to spend another single cent on Microsoft's products
> :-)
>
> cheers
> --
> Mike Moller
> Lallybroch Alpacas
> New Zealand
> www.lallybroch.co.nz
>

> On 9/11/08, M Henri Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 2008/9/11 mike moller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >  > Hi HenriK
> >

> >  <snip>
> >

> >  > 8. There is an add-on for OOBase called Sun Report Builder (aka srb)
> >  > which shows promise and although released still has some way to go
> >  > before getting full functionality to match Reports in Access
> >  >
> >  > There is another path I haven't explored which is to use Sun's
> >  > equivalent to OOo, StarOffice - it's not entirely free but I
> >  > understand it does include a VBA capability.
> >

> > Mike, note that StarOffice is available for free via Google Pack (which,
> >  alas, itself is only available for XP or Vista boxes)....
> >

> >  Henri

Mike, I fully understand your ambition ! I am far from possessing your
expertise, but allow me to mention that my experience with Ubuntu has been
very good indeed, and that I am now starting to mention this platform to my
retirees as an excellent alternative to such Windows platforms as XP and in
particular, Vista, which demands so much of one's hardware....

Henri