Thanks Henri
I wasn't aware of the Google route to acquiring StarOffice however the
limitation of not going back past XP ticks me off (same limitation
applies to their new Chrome browser too I see) I'm a long time W2k
user and it has in fact been these XP and later issues that have
caused me to start looking at non-Windows platforms. As a retiree
after 45 years in the IT industry during which I have brought more
than enough business to M$ through recommendations to my customers I'm
just not about to spend another single cent on Microsoft's products
:-)

cheers
--
Mike Moller