2008/10/1 JOE Conner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I cannot discover any way to save styles apart from including them in a
> template.  Can this be done?
>
> Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA
>
> Not only can it be done, it's the "correct"  (only?) way to do it. I
suppose you could open an existing document with all the styles, delete all
the text and rename it but ...

1. Create a blank document having the styles you want.
File>Save As and choose Template as the type of file to save; make sure the
"automatic file name extension" box is checked.2.
3. Close the document - but not Writer
4. File>Template>Orgainise>My Templates>Commands>Import. Broswe to where you
just saved the file and iimport it. Its name will appear under My Templates.
5. If you want this new template as your "default" template, highlight its
name and click Commands and then Set as Default.
Done.

This on Win XP Pro OOo 2.4.1. I have to assume its the same elswhere.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England