Thanks!

             10/02/2008 11:41 PM
             Dave Barton                                                To
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                   users@openoffice.org
                                                                        cc
                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                   Subject
                                              Re: [users] small question

                Please respond to
               users@openoffice.org

-------- Original Message  --------
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 30 Sept 2008 09:21:01 -0400

> Good morning from Montreal,
>
> How can I open a document registered with OOo ".odt" with Microsoft Word.
>
> My son did his homework at home with OOo and send it to me by e-mail at
my
> work, so I can print it for him, but at work we use Microsoft Word.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Brigitte

Open the document in OOo Writer. Then use the "File -> Save As..." menu
option. In the "Save As..." dialog/window select "MS Word ...(.doc)"
from the "File type" drop-down list.

Alternatively, download and install the free Sun ODF MS Office
add-in, available from:  http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin
The current version of this add-in enables users of MS Office greater
than version 98, to open, edit and save files in ODF format from Word,
Excel and Powerpoint.

Hope this helps.

Dave