Top - Post --

I got this info from the linquo people, it may be helpful.

Hello Peter,
| I think there is an easier way but I don't have it at hand.

Given a simple list of words, and the .aff file you want to use (for
example you might choose to associate it with the en_GB.aff file if the
words are British English, or en_US.aff if they are US English), you can
run the "munch" utility from MySpell, and it will create a correctly
formatted dictionary that you can drop straight into OOo (need to update
dictionary.lst accordingly).

The same applies if your word list is in any other language for which there is already an OOo dictionary. If an affix file does not already exist for your language, then you will need to create one, and that is where the reference to ISpell comes in on the link page you referred to. You do not need Ispell though.

Drop me a line if you want step-by-step instructions.

Regards
David.

Paul wrote:
Had a quick look at the format of en_US.dic dictionary file for the
USA English language that come with the standard 1.9.95 install. It
seems to be in a plain text file format as well. One word per line.

Would there be any problem in adding to that list the words that you want.

The list was however alphabeticised so you may have to do some work to
re-alphabeticse the list once you've added your terms but that
shouldn't be too tricky....

/paul