In OOo there are standard page-layouts for left and right pages.

Open the Stylist with F11. On the top of the dialogbox you see a number of icons. The fourth from the left edits the pagelayouts.

Rightclick on Leftpage and select edit. On the first tab you can tell OOo which page layout it should use as the next page. On the second page you can edit the margins of the page. In your case you should change the 'Next page' to right page and set up the margins like you discribed.

Repeat the above actions for the right page layout.

OOo will now change your left and right margins as you type on. Suppose you start on a right page, then OOo will automatically change to a left page when you reach the end of page 1. So you see, OOo can do that.

The left and right page refer to the left and right pages of a book layout. They will have effect if you printout doublesided on your printer.

Arnold Huzen, Lelystad, The Netherlands

John Jason Jordan schreef:
oops, sent this from the wrong e-mail account. resending.

OOo 2.41, Linux

I'm pretty sure you can't do this in OOo, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Suppose you have pages of text and you want a border along the right
edge of the paragraphs that appear on odd numbered pages, and along the
left edge of the paragraphs when they appear on an even numbered page.

I can do that, but there is a problem. Consider pages 1 and 2. I can
put a border on the right side of paragraphs on page 1, and on the left
side of the paragraphs on page 2, but what about the paragraph at the
bottom of page 1 that continues at the top of page 2? It needs to flip
the paragraph border in the middle of the paragraph where the page
changes.

Can't figure out any way to do it. But if it is possible, please
someone let me know.