Hi John

Suppose you have pages of text and you want a border along the right
> edge of the paragraphs that appear on odd numbered pages, and along the
> left edge of the paragraphs when they appear on an even numbered page.

Are you sure you need paragraph borders? I think page borders would be
better.

In the page format settings, you can set a border down the left or right
side of the page. You can define two different page styles, one for left
pages, and the other for right. Just define the different border settings
for each.

If you display Styles and Formatting (press F11), and click the page styles
button (fourth along the top), you'll see your list of page styles. On the
drop down menu at the bottom of the list select "All" and you will see that
there are already Left Page and Right Page styles available.

Just modify these to have the borders you want, and apply the Right Page
style to page 1, and you should be right.

Adrian
www.adriantry.com