Copy to OP.

touzidailiren wrote:
Openoffice, English: The software you use good! But in the editing
software, all of a sudden power outage occurred, you can not open the
file on the. The power failure happened to be the moment your
software automatically save the process, this process has not yet
been completed, all of a sudden power failure. After you open the
document, there have been prompted "a general error, the conventional
input / output error" Today, open the file, the error prompted "This
is not a document world97" When a file and do not respond as
openoffice, restart openoffice, open the box from time to time to
repair tips. Yesterday, however, did not restart the computer after
the power failure, prompted repair box does not appear. I would like
to ask a core question is:

1, damage to the power of the document,
the data can not be recovered?

Power failures are a major headache for any electronic system. It makes no difference if you are using Linux, Windows or Mac, you have a problem. To make matters worse, a power failure during a disk write operation can destroy not only the file that is being written but also the file allocation table.

2, the last auto-save (auto-save every
2 minutes) data will not be damaged in the power of the documents
found?

If the autosave is set up to make a backup copy. If you are overwriting the original file, then you can lose the file.

In the Tools > Options > Load/Save > you can check the "Always create backup copy" to ensure you have at least an old copy. This takes more time, depending on the file size.

3, is automatically saved, but it has not been preserved,
there is a failure, on the extent of the damage to the document? How
do I amend the document and retrieve data Doc?

This is a hard question to answer without knowing what Operating system you are using.

The first thing I do is not use the hard drive if possible and then run a recovery program to look for my data. Most modern operating systems will create a new file when writing to the disk instead of over writing the old file. It will then mark the old file as deleted. All you have to do is find where that old file is.

If you have been saving the files as Microsoft Word documents, you may have more of a problem from my experience. At least Open Document Format files are easy to work with and pull data out of.

--
Robin Laing