From: James Knott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 10:12 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [users] WRITER: Landscape pages in a portrait document/book

VLM TechSubs wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We are writing a book with portrait orientation. We wish to include,
> on selected pages, full-page tables in landscape orientation. We wish
> for the headers. footers, and pagination on these pages to retain its
"normal"
> portrait orientation.
>
> We know how to work with headers and footers in general, and we know
> how to create a pair of left/right landscape page styles, in and of
themselves.
> What we do not yet know is how to create the landscape page style AND
> retain or superimpose the portrait orientation in the headers/footers.
>
> We seek suggestions about how to do this.
>
> Thank you kindly,
> Elchanan

Go into the on-line help (press F1) and look for "landscape and portrait".
The instructions are there.
Thanks, James. We did find that resource, but it doesn't seem to cover the
combination we seek to create. We are used to working in FrameMaker, which
distinguishes master pages and where _everything_ on the page is an object.
So rotating things this way and that is straightforward and easy. Not so in
OO, at least not that we can yet find.

Brian Barker's suggestion seems to guide us in the "right" direction, FYI.

Best regards,
Elchanan