On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:13:19 -0800
Came this utterance fomulated by Elizabeth vonderahe to my mailbox:

> Hello there.  I just downloaded Open Office and was really pleased
> with it and did my whole resume in it.  It automatically converted
> files I had on the computer already to its format. (I dont know if I'm
> saying that right, I'm not that computer literate)  ANyhow, when I
> went today to access and open and print the file, now it says that the
> program cannot open the file as the file type is not supported.  What
> happened?  I created this file IN the program that I'm trying to open
> it in!  I need that resume today! HELP!!!!

1. Open OpenOffice.org Writer
2. From the menu go "File - Open..."
3. Find you file and open it.
4. From the menu go "File - Save As..."
5. Tick the tickbox marked 'Automatic Filename Extensions' or somesuch
6. Save

If you are from USA then check the checkbox. That tickbox (or checkbox)
is important to leave ticked (or checked) when saving.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416