>> The Sun ODF Plugin for MS Office is here:
>> http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/
>>

>> C.
> Thanks, but I needed to clarify.  The instruction to download wants you
> to use their download manager.  My Vista wants to save a weird file format
> name instead of running the manager.  You can "look" and see you can click
> on the file name and download it that way, but the people I deal with would
> call that too complex or get confused.  Plus, they would rather download it
> themselves instead of me giving them a copy of it.

1. Go to the link above
2. Click the Get it tab
3. Click Download now
4. Read/check the software agreement
5. Click Continue
6. Click the link titled odp-1.2-bin-windows-en-US.exe

The download manager is optional, and not a required part of the download.

Can't speak for what Vista does.  I haven't used Microsoft anything (not
even Windows) for years.  I would expect that it would save the
executable as a normal executable....

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany