The point of removing it from the computer is the computer is very  slow with
it since there isn't that much memory space on it.  I know it is  installed
since it's an Icon on the desktop which opens up on the computer  when I click
on it!  I can open all of the different programs of it  but  I haven't used it
and want it removed since it's such a big program  taking up space I don't
have on my drive.  My 14 year old grandson tried to  remove some programs
without knowing that he had to go into add remove programs  so he may have
corrupted
it in some way.  As I said, it does still  opens up but there is no way it
can be removed since it doesn't show on the  add/remove programs unless it's
there under another name other than open  office.  Please let me know what to
look for.  If I remove all of the  Java programs will it come off and what is
Java for anyway?  I don't want  to do further damage to the computer programs.
don't even remember what  program I was in when it was downloaded onto the
computer, if it was Google or  what.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter,
Catherine Page

In a message dated 12/18/2008 12:15:29 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
james.kn...@rogers.com writes:

kellypetep...@aol.com wrote:
> I do not want Open Office on my  computer anymore and want to uninstall
it.
> I can't find  it in my add/remove programs and it did not install any
>  uninstall program with it when it downloaded to the computer.
>
> I would appreciate assistance with this problem.

If it's not  in add/remove programs, it's not installed.  At least I've
never seen  installed, when it isn't in A/R programs.  Are you certain
it's  installed?  Do you have an OpenOffice folder & icons in your start
menu?

--
Use OpenOffice.org  <http://www.openoffice.org>

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.