kellypetep...@aol.com wrote:
The point of removing it from the computer is the computer is very slow with it since there isn't that much memory space on it. I know it is installed since it's an Icon on the desktop which opens up on the computer when I click on it! I can open all of the different programs of it but I haven't used it and want it removed since it's such a big program taking up space I don't have on my drive. My 14 year old grandson tried to remove some programs without knowing that he had to go into add remove programs so he may have corrupted it in some way. As I said, it does still opens up but there is no way it can be removed since it doesn't show on the add/remove programs unless it's there under another name other than open office. Please let me know what to look for. If I remove all of the Java programs will it come off and what is Java for anyway? I don't want to do further damage to the computer programs. I don't even remember what program I was in when it was downloaded onto the computer, if it was Google or what. Thank you for your assistance in this matter,
Catherine Page

Reinstall the entire program.  It will overwrite all the program files and
restore the uninstall option.

--
Gene Y.