Does "all of the different programs of it" mean Writer, Calc, and so on? If so, find the folder (directory) where the programs are stored. Its name should include OpenOffice.org. On a Windows machine, it will generally be C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org v (where v is the version number), or the v could be a lower-level directory, depending on what version you have. (If you don't find it this way, try looking at the properties of the shortcut for Writer, and back up from the swriter.exe program to its container.) Windows Explorer is probably the best way to deal with it. You probably also have the OOo installation folder on your desktop; this should just be deleted.

Now (sorry, everybody, I know this is very dirty, but...) delete the OpenOffice.org directory. This will get rid of the vast majority of the disk space used by OOo, but it will leave a bunch of other things around that should use very little space and not cause damage. A good registry cleanup utility, like the one referred to in another response, should be able to get rid of this useless stuff, but your main worry seems to be a lack of disk space, and this willl basically fix that (at least as far as OOo is concerned!). Also check to see that the Quickstarter program for OOo is not included in your startup folder, and remove it if it's there.

If you don't find any such OOo directory, or you meant something else by "all the different programs of it," OOo was pretty certainly never actually installed, and getting rid of the installation folder is all that's required. Not having OpenOffice.org included in the Add/Remove Programs list is, to say the least, unusual for a functioning installation of OOo.

To answer the other part of your question, Java is a separate product, whose "run-time environment" (the JRE) supports some of the lower-level operations of OOo and many other programs. You probably don't want to get rid of it, it might break other applications if you do, and it would not do anything to remove OOo in any case.

kellypetep...@aol.com wrote:
The point of removing it from the computer is the computer is very slow with it since there isn't that much memory space on it. I know it is installed since it's an Icon on the desktop which opens up on the computer when I click on it! I can open all of the different programs of it but I haven't used it and want it removed since it's such a big program taking up space I don't have on my drive. My 14 year old grandson tried to remove some programs without knowing that he had to go into add remove programs so he may have corrupted it in some way. As I said, it does still opens up but there is no way it can be removed since it doesn't show on the add/remove programs unless it's there under another name other than open office. Please let me know what to look for. If I remove all of the Java programs will it come off and what is Java for anyway? I don't want to do further damage to the computer programs. I don't even remember what program I was in when it was downloaded onto the computer, if it was Google or what. Thank you for your assistance in this matter,
Catherine Page