On Mar 2, 2009, at 10:09 PM, Keith Bates wrote:

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 13:54 +0100, Sebastian Schlaud wrote:

googleing my name, the first six hits depend on a more than two years
old e-mail to you!
 I´m not happy to see my private e-mail and mail address published
by open-office and google.

PLEASE STOP IT!

Unfortunately if you post to a public mailing list your emails are going to be archived at numerous places, including this request to not do it!

The only way to avoid this completely is never send an email anywhere,
and never go on the internet on your personal computer.

That's technology. Alternatively, just work on the assumption that
everything you post is public information.

(With apologies to Keith) Sebastian: In case it wasn't perfectly clear, open-office (as you call it) did NOT publish your email or email address anywhere. Google (and other organizations) run programs that automatically "harvest" this sort of information anywhere it's found on the web. So, when you send an email to a public forum like this one, you can be certain Google and those other organizations will add this information about you to their databases. That's why it turned up when you Googled yourself. (Obviously, I don't happen to care about that in my case.)

Dave