At 15:02 08/03/2009 -0400, Robert Peirce wrote:
I created a document in OO and also saved it as a DOC file to send to the office. When I tried to edit it in M$ Word at the office, I could not remove a page break. Delete doesn't do it. Is there a way to do this in M$ Word?

This may depend on whether you inserted a manual page break or it is the consequence of other formatting.

According to the Microsoft web site, to remove a manual page break in Word, you need to:
o  Switch to normal view.
o  Switch on the display of non-printing characters.
o  Select the page break (at the end of the page).
o  Press Delete.

If the page break is not a manual one, you made need instead to:
o  Select the paragraph following the unwanted page break.
o  Go to Format | Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks.
o As necessary, clear the Keep lines together, Keep with next, and Page break before check boxes.

(I do not have Word available to confirm any of this.)

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker