In article <48803.3532900319$1236542...@news.gmane.org>,
 Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> At 15:02 08/03/2009 -0400, Robert Peirce wrote:
> >I created a document in OO and also saved it as a DOC file to send
> >to the office.  When I tried to edit it in M$ Word at the office, I
> >could not remove a page break.  Delete doesn't do it.  Is there a
> >way to do this in M$ Word?
>
> This may depend on whether you inserted a manual page break or it is
> the consequence of other formatting.
>
> According to the Microsoft web site, to remove a manual page break in
> Word, you need to:
> o  Switch to normal view.
> o  Switch on the display of non-printing characters.
> o  Select the page break (at the end of the page).
> o  Press Delete.

This is exactly what I tried to do.  I had inserted a manual page break
in OO.

The page break is represented by a solid black square.  Placing the
cursor next to it and pressing the delete key only moves the cursor to
the previous line.  It is like the page break isn't there.  Quite
possibly it isn't.

OO page breaks may not be compatible with Word.  Perhaps somebody knows.