Harold Fuchs wrote:

> Is this anything to do with the option to have OOo automatically check
> for updates? Tools>Options>OpenOffice.org>Online Update. But my 2.4.1
> version on Win XP Pro only offers daily, weekly or monthly checks so it
> shouldn't happen every time you start OOo. So perhaps this isn't the
> solution ??? Could you use your firewall to stop OOo connecting? Would
> it help even if you could? OOo might keep trying ...

As I said, I am Linux user, I use the OO's linux versions, and I have been using
them since the very begining of OO. It is clear why: there was no other office
software for Linux. All versions are connecting to the internet, and they don't
have any "Online Update" option that I can see.
More precise description of how it is behaving :
if my network comes up (means, its enabled and running), it tryes to connect,
and starts up slowly.
If the network is down (disabled, or cable was not pluged in during boot) then
it does not even try to connect to internet, and starts up fast.
And finaly, if i disable net, as described previosly, OO also starts fast.
So if i set my firewall to prevent OO from accessing the internet, wil not stop
OO to keep trying, which gives no result.