2009/3/10 Web Kracked <webmas...@krackedpress.com>

> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>
>> On 10/03/2009 13:36, Web Kracked wrote:
>>

>>> What is the problem with email dates on this list?
>>>
>>> I am getting emails that have dates on them that were
>>> sent on Mar 5 when it is Mar 10?  Is there a delay on
>>> sending these emails out or is there some other problems?
>>>
>>> Since I sort my mail accounts by date, I now have to go back
>>> many, many emails to go to ones dated as 3 or 5 days ago, but
>>> who just arrived today?
>>>
>>> I am using Thunderbird on Vista
>>>
>>>  Have you checked in the list's archives to see if the dates there match
>> the ones you are seeing? I have to say I've not noticed this problem myself.
>> Perhaps your ISP has been having a problem? Is the date you are seeing
>> supposed to be the date the message was sent or the date your ISP received
>> it?
>>

> This is just one of the emails I received today March 10th
> Notice the date for the email was the 6th.
>
> [ Subject: Re: [users] open clipart library
> [ Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:22:25 +1100
> [ From: Cameron Smith <cameronsmo...@gmail.com>
> [ To: users@openoffice.org
> 49ad7f81.2020...@googlemail.com>     <49affca5.1070...@harbornet.com> <
> 49afff16.8090...@googlemail.com>     <49b00654.2090...@harbornet.com>
>
> Now is the system dates it as several days ago, where has it been?

You don't say if the message was moderated or not. You can tell from the
headers. Please check. It's moderated *if and only if* it has a "Delivered-To:
moderator for users@openoffice.org" header. The absence of the word
"moderated" in the Subject does *not* mean the message is unmoderated. As
others have said, there's a good chance that moderated messages wait [quite]
a while for the moderator to perform his/her/its duties.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England