On 2009-03-22 09:46 Manfred J. Krause wrote:
Hi,

On 2009-03-21 22:24 NoOp wrote:
On 03/21/2009 07:53 AM, emf wrote:
I just downloaded OOo 3.0.1 and had OOo2 removed. In the Application Data
folder, however, I see 2 folders: OpenOffice.org and OpenOffice.org2.
Shouldn't the second be deleted?
Not by the uninstall. It is maintained in the event that you have
data/settings that you wish to transfer/import into OOo 3.x. You can of
course delete it after running 3.x for awhile and determine that all is
well.
Well, what I had added in OOo2 was add a couple of buttons on the toolbars -
one with a specially made icon.

There you will find an imported icon ->
<...\OpenOffice.org2\user\config\soffice.cfg\import\images\...>

You may copy it to the equal folder in OOo 3.0.1.

Actually the images had been transfered during installation.

These were not transfered to OOo3. Is there
any way to do it without having to customize all over again the toolbars?

There you will find the changed toolbars ->
<...\OpenOffice.org2\user\config\soffice.cfg\modules\....\*.xml>

You may copy the relevant file to the equal folders in OOo 3.0.1.
Please create a backup copy of your user folder before you're changing
the settings.

It worked. But I only copied and pasted 2 files, why should I have made a backup copy of the user folder?

emf

--
It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
http://www.geocities.com/itaintme_babe/itaintme.html