Alan Lord wrote:

> Franz Waldmüller wrote:
> <snip />
> >> * Microsoft Project:        OOo template and macros with this
> >> functionality
> > check out ganttproject:
> > http://ganttproject.biz/
>
> OpenProj: http://openproj.org/
>
> Opens MS Project Files. Almost as fully featured, cross
> platform. And it
> is included with StarOffice (SUN's commercial version of OpenOffice).

>From its description, OpenProj can't handle multiple projects (the company
>Serena is trying to steer us toward their pay-for product "Projects On
>Demand"). Is that the case?

Our local-office Program Manager has MS Project. In it, she tracks about a
dozen products/projects simultaneously, and can show them in relation to each
other on stacked GANTT timelines. This is important because many resources are
shared among projects. As the writer who does the customer docs for all the
projects, I want to see in visual, GANTT format, if sliding project schedules
have me writing docs for two different products in the same week (or doing my
research and writing at the same time that key engineers are away at a trade
show or vacation).

I need a project app to go along with OpenOffice (which I use in preference to
MS Office whenever I can get away with it...) that can import the MS Project
source file and let me see the big GANTT chart that I need to see.   Does
OpenProj deliver?

Any other open or free or low-cost project planning app?  Also, I use Windows
at work and Mac at home (I've now relegated my Linux boxes to slow-old-server
status only - Mac is mostly nicer ;->  )

 - Kevin
or disclosing it.