At 10:21 08/04/2009 -0400, Eustace Fril wrote:
On 2009-04-06 08:47 Eustace Fril wrote:
I moved the Full Screen button towards the top and it disappeared and an inert bar appeared that I think was not there before. How can I make the Full Screen button reappear?

I am surprised nobody answered.

Why is that?

I hope I made myself clear: when you use View > Full Screen, a small button appears which you can click to return to normal view. This button you can move around. I moved toward the top of the screen and it disappeared, and, I think, a bar that was not there before appeared (that I think it somehow contains the button which is no invisible and unclickable: it only appears momentarily on the bar while returning to normal view). Now in the Writer I can return with Esc. In the Calc I have to use the shortcut (Ctrl + Shift + J). But I would like to know how I can return to the original state of affairs, with the Full Screen button...

You have parked the button into the Full Screen toolbar - which appears for the purpose. You see those five dots positioned vertically to the left of the button in the toolbar? Those dots are a handle by which you can drag the button back off the toolbar. The toolbar will disappear again.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker