NOTE TO LIST: This user is not subscribed.

On Apr 10, 2009, at 1:39 AM, Mike Rowland wrote:

1) Since downloading Open Office I have a problem with creating word documents .When I open up word and type and save it creates a file name from what I just typed in the document it is like something has taken over WORD

This is Word's standard behavior when saving a newly created file. Often, it produces a good suggestion for a name, which you can change easily by typing something else instead. I doubt this behavior was different before you installed OO.

and I can't convert a WORD file to a PDF file! Can you help?

Mike

Word doesn't include PDF among its "Save as" options. To create a PDF, select Print and then use the PDF option.

Dave