> bg wrote:
> > I have RTFM, not once but repeated times.
> > How do I toggle this thing to "OFF" and banish it?

Gene:

> Right click on that panel.  In the context menu that appears look for
> one that says close toolbar and click it.

Brewster responds:

Only three possible areas to click. Right click on the bottom portion
produces nothing. No context menu. Right-clicking in the function list
window or in the little selection window above it does not produce a
context menu, either - the former just highlights the nearest
function, and may or may not dump it into a Calc cell. The latter
seems to have no effect except to open the
selection-of-function-category options.

But no context menu to be found, with any right click, anywhere in that
panel. Now what?

Brewster