On 25/04/2009 14:40, Jordan Deitch wrote:
Hello!

I am in Impress and spellcheck doesn't work.
I go to Options, Language settings and the default language is Finnish. Can anyone explain to me why it would be Finnish when everything else on my system is in English?!?

anyway, I click the drop down menu and select "English(USA)" and Openoffice restarts. Spellcheck still doesn't work and Finish is still set as the defualt language.

Thanks!
BTW. Please CC me

Are you running the Quickstarter? If so, exit from it before changing the language setting. Assuming you are running Windows, the Quickstarter is represented by a small OpenOffice.org logo icon in the System Tray. Right click it and choose Exit. Then start Impress, change the language setting and quit Impress. The change should now "stick" after restarting the Quickstarter.

Alternatively, have you somehow managed to set the language to Finnish in the *default presentation template*? Open a new presentation and go to File>Templates>Organise. Choose Templates in the bottom right box and click Organise. Select My Templates and click Commands. If you see "Reset default template", choose it and close Impress after clicking Close/Apply/OK as necessary. When you create a new presentation now, the language should be English.

If neither of these works then, sorry, I have no more ideas; perhaps someone else here can help. *Please*.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England