Michael Adams wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 15:14:56 -0400
Came this utterance formulated by Jordan Deitch to my mailbox:

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone! I am using Ubuntu 9.04 with OO 3.0.1. I am not using quickstart. spellcheck only works on blank documents. Spellcheck does NOT work on any of the themed presentations that come with OO. I never even used OO before this, so the problem couldn't be due to my error.

These themes must be in a different language to yours. Highlight the
text and change the language in "Format - Character" (From Memory).
OpenOffice.org will check English in multiple versions on one document
depending on Spelling Checkers installed. Someone may have had their
default language set to Finnish when they wrote the themes?

hello,

I have tried this and it doesn't appear to work. So far the only way to fix this problem is by going to the language menu and selecting English, but it doesn't stick, and when you reload OO, it's back to Finish. This is doable just kind of annoying.

Michael, should I report this as a bug?

Thanks for the reply.