On Sat, 09 May 2009 18:20:32 -0700
NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 05/09/2009 05:39 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > On Sat, 09 May 2009 16:03:43 -0700
> > NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> dijo:
> >
> >> Interestingly enough, I can open PDF's in both OOo 3.1.0 and (U)OOo
> >> 3.1.0 (that's the one that comes with Jaunty 9.04) in 9.04.
> >
> > I did a dist-upgrade from Intrepid to Jaunty, and it installed
> > 3.0.1, not 3.1.0.
> >
> > Worse, it installed the Novellized version so now my Save button is
> > not grayed out right after a save. :(
> >
> > And all the bugs I had with PPA 3.0.1 under Intrepid remain. :(
> >
> > Some day I wish they would release a version with NO NEW FEATURES
> > and ALL THE BUGS FIXED.
> >
> > Oh well. I can dream. :)
>
> (U)OOo 3.0.1:
> <http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=openoffice.org&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all>
>
> I have (U)OOo 3.1rc2 from the PPA:
>
> $ apt-cache policy openoffice.org
> openoffice.org:
>   Installed: 1:3.1.0~rc2-1ubuntu1~jaunty1
>   Candidate: 1:3.1.0~rc2-1ubuntu1~jaunty1
>   Version table:
>  *** 1:3.1.0~rc2-1ubuntu1~jaunty1 0
>         500 http://ppa.launchpad.net jaunty/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      1:3.0.1-9ubuntu3 0
>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main Packages
>
> You can, as previously, install both the PPA *and* standard OOo 3.1.0
> and run them in paralell if you wish.

I uninstalled the "official" Ubuntu 9.04 version because it has a bug
that prevents it from accessing OO databases. Other distros that ship
with the non-standard version have the same issue.

I'm back to the standard OOo downloaded from the OOo web-site.

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates

www.new-life.org.au