On Sat, 09 May 2009 18:20:32 -0700
NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> dijo:

> On 05/09/2009 05:39 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > On Sat, 09 May 2009 16:03:43 -0700
> > NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> dijo:

> > I did a dist-upgrade from Intrepid to Jaunty, and it installed 3.0.1,
> > not 3.1.0.
> >
> > Worse, it installed the Novellized version so now my Save button is not
> > grayed out right after a save. :(
> >
> > And all the bugs I had with PPA 3.0.1 under Intrepid remain. :(

> (U)OOo 3.0.1:
> <http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=openoffice.org&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all>
>
> I have (U)OOo 3.1rc2 from the PPA:
>
> $ apt-cache policy openoffice.org
> openoffice.org:
>   Installed: 1:3.1.0~rc2-1ubuntu1~jaunty1
>   Candidate: 1:3.1.0~rc2-1ubuntu1~jaunty1
>   Version table:
>  *** 1:3.1.0~rc2-1ubuntu1~jaunty1 0
>         500 http://ppa.launchpad.net jaunty/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      1:3.0.1-9ubuntu3 0
>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main Packages
>
> You can, as previously, install both the PPA *and* standard OOo 3.1.0
> and run them in paralell if you wish.

I might install 3.1.0 PPA eventually, but I won't do a parallel
install. I did that back when I had 2.4.1 from Intrepid and I installed
the OOo 3.0.0 alongside it. It crashed every hour or so. Main problem
was that I couldn't install the desktop-integration deb if I wanted to
keep 2.4.1. Later I installed the PPA version of 3.0.1 over 2.4.1 and
that stopped the crashing. The rest of the bugs remained. And they
still remain after the dist-upgrade to Jaunty replaced the PPA version
of 3.0.1 with U-3.0.1.

I wish there was a live CD of 3.1.0 so I could open my files in it and
see if any of the problems are fixed before installing it.