From: orngjce223 <purple.clou...@gmail.com>
To: users@openoffice.org
Sent: Saturday, 18 July, 2009 8:13:48 PM
Subject: Re: [users] unsubscribe [was: Re: Return Receipt (displayed) - [users]
Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor says OO.o won't install.]

I think we need someone to run an autoreply to privately reply to someone whenever
"unsubscribe" is mentioned in a listpost.  t'would reduce the frustration on
this list significantly, from what I can see ^^

~orngjce223

Barbara Duprey wrote:
WILLIAM CARMAN wrote:
Unsubscribe immediately
From this account (willcar...@embarqmail.com) send a message to
users-unsubscr...@openoffice.org. (The subject and content are ignored, only the address
matters.) You should soon get an unsubscribe confirmation message. Once you respond to
that, your subscription will be canceled. If you do not soon receive such a message, it
may be that it is being treated as spam -- check your "junk" folders to see if
it's there, and check your personal filters to make sure they're not dicarding it.
Another possibility is that your request is not being seen as coming from this account.
In that case, there is an alternate form that might be useful:
embedded address).

That will also result in a confirmation message to willcar...@embarqmail.com.

Please note that *the users on this list have no authority to unsubscribe you*,
you need to do this yourself. You must receive the unsubscribe confirmation
request and follow its instructions. If the above process does not work for
you, there is no way we can help. You may be able to contact
users-ow...@openoffice.org and explain the problem.