2009/7/29 Camille Poirier <camille.marshmellowg...@gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
> In case nobody has mentioned, your website is incredibly difficult to use.
> You have to be an expert just to query.
> After an hour of frustration I finally decided to register and send a
> question.  Now it won't accept my name and password.
>
> My question:  In a spreadsheet, I cannot undo.  If I accidentally enter
> information into a cell that already has information, I cannot undo and
> retrieve the original contents.  It is lost forever.  I have to exit without
> saving changes just to open up again to find out what used to be there.  Why
> have an undo button that doesn't work?  Makes working with OO very
> unnerving.  Is it because I am using a Mac?
>
> This is the smallest of the problems experienced.  OpenOffice.org makes
> Microsoft look really good.  I prefer Excel any day.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Yours truly,
> Camille

Hello Camille,

When you know how to do something, it gets easy. When you don't, it's hard...
If you're used to Excel, Calc is more difficult. So much is evident...

If you need help using OpenOffice.org, you can either put your
question here to the users' list, or try to find it yourself in the
documentation (see http://support.openoffice.org/ - documentation
project and tutorials). There's also wiki:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

I agree that doing a search on the website brings a lot of unpractical
information, and filing a bug or enhancement request is rather
complicated at first. So try with users guides and this list.

I use Calc on Mac and have no problem with Undo (Edit>Undo or
Apple-Z). In fact, OOo remembers a whole series of steps, so you can
steps in OpenOffice.org>Prefs>OpenOffice.org>Memory>Undo>Number of
steps.

Maybe we can find out more about your problem if you tell us what
machine you use (Intel, G4), Leopard or Tiger, what version of OOo
(and I suppose you downloaded from www.openoffice.org - or dit you get
a version from http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/
?)

Just let us know!
--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua 3.1.1 on a iMac Intel DualCore Leopard