On 07/27/2009 09:13 PM, Richard wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>
>> On 07/27/2009 04:51 PM, Ian wrote:
>>>
>>> I belong to a few lists, but I didn't think this was a list.  I follow
>>> it on usenet via gmane.   I wasn't aware that it was accessible both
>>> ways.  Since you state I am subscribed to the list, I  probably
>>> subscribed some time ago and am on some type of "no mail" option.  I
>>> only use open office when I have a semester that has classes where a lot
>>> of paper writing is required.
>>>
>>> So tell me, what is the difference between sending an email to:
>>> users@openoffice.org and posting a message to usenet
>>> gmane.comp.openoffice.questions ?
>>>
>>> Ian
>>
>> Ummm... this *is* a list, and gmane.org provides nntp (usenet) access
>> for *lists*:
>
> I don't think it was necessary to reply with such sarcasm.  I didn't know
> that gmane usenet and mailing list was interchangable.  I have always
> viewed them as separte beasts as well.

OK Richard. Perhaps you missed this part:

"Welcome the the list & congrats on using nntp/gmane to do so :-)" with
the little smiley thing on the end?

You know, we all have a bad hair day once in awhile & quite often
information conveyed in email isn't always the way that it appears. I
reckon that amongst my 2,515 posts to this list:

<http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/SearchList?list=users&searchText=NoOp&defaultField=author&Search=Search>

I may have been sarcastic a few times. But I think that you'll find that
the bulk of my posts have been a genuine effort to help folks here. So,
I indeed apologize to Ian. OK?

Now perhaps we can get back to our regular channel? :-)