> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> >> Steven,
> >>
> >> I think I am starting to see a pattern here..  This address is sending
> >> three and more copies of the messages to the list..  That sounds like a
> >> good reason to block it from sending to the list..  Back in Fido that
> >> would get your echo mail cut off till you proved the problem was fixed..
> >
> > Hello Andy
> > Are you saying that this address is sending 3-4 copies of messages to the
> > list:listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net ?
>
> The message I replied to was one of three that came in here.  Those were
> the first that I can remember but most of the time I just delete the "I
> can not unsubscribe" messages.

I still don't completely understand if  you are saying that you have been
getting 3-4 copies of messages from one or both of the addresses that I have
subscribed to this list:
st...@afolkey2.net
listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net

If you have only one address subscribed to this list, and you are receiving
multiple copies of messages from me, I honestly want to know.  It still seems
strange to me that I only get one copy per subscribed address of each message
that I receive from the list.  Also, is anyone else out there SPECIFICALLY
getting multiple copies of messages sent from ME?  If you are, am I the only
person you get multiple copies because of, or do you get multiple copies from
other people as well?

Well, since I continue to be able to successfully send email from
listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net to this list (which I HAVE NOT been able to do
for
quite a while,) the question still remains, "How come I can send messages FROM
listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net TO this list, receive messages FROM this list
listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net BUT I can't even get a confirmation email to
reply
to so that I can unsubscribe listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net?  If I was
convinced
that  listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net would continue to work with this mailing
list, I would just keep it subscribed, and unsubscribe my other address.

Like I said in an earlier message on this thread, as experiments, I have
successfully subscribed AND unsubscribed various email addresses to this list.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe are very clear in my opinion, and I know
that they work, and how they work, because I have (with other addresses) been
through the following process successfully:
1. From the account I want to unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
unsubscr...@openoffice.org
2. When I receive (usually very quickly) the confirmation email, AGAIN FROM THE
ACCOUNT THAT I WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM, click "Reply" and "Send"
3. Then I receive a message telling me that I'm unsubscribed.

For the address that I am trying to unsubscribe (which is currently functional
as far as sending and receiving from this list is concerned) I have completed
Step 1.  More than 24 hours later,  I am still waiting for the confirmation
email...  Oh well, at least I know that I have followed the process :)

Steven P. Ulrick