Greetings,

I also have gotten multiple messages from Steven, but now multiple messages have appeared from other users as well.

Two copies of Character color in WP documents from John Jason Jordon. These show different times 1:50 PM and 2:03 PM on August 30.

Then at 5:10 PM seven copies from Harold Fuchs with subject: Open Office query.

Then 5:28 PM five messages from John Gregson with subject: Base column Width.

Next at 5:42 PM five messages from Harold Fuchs with subject: Not possible to unsubscribe me.

Followed by three copies from Barbara Duprey with the subject: users Digest 29... all delivered at 5:54 PM.

Also at 5:54 PM from Brian Barker three copies of Base import from Works.

Has anyone else seen this? Perhaps more than just the actions of one person, maybe a brief glitch.

   Julio

Andy wrote:
Steven,

I think I am starting to see a pattern here.. This address is sending three and more copies of the messages to the list.. That sounds like a good reason to block it from sending to the list.. Back in Fido that would get your echo mail cut off till you proved the problem was fixed..

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
Hello Everyone
I must start by saying that I do want to be subscribed to this list. This message is only about my attempts at unsubscribing one particular address.
    Here we go:

I have just checked my "/etc/aliases" file to make sure that "listsopenofficeorg" is still delivered to "steve" and I found the following:
lists-openofficeorg:    steve
That is backed up by the fact that for the first time in a long time, I actually saw a message sent from "listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net" arrive on this list.

users@openoffice.org accepted my subscription request from the "listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net" address. For a while (I don't know how long,) everything worked fine. I received all the email from this list, and I was able to send messages to the list. I have continued to receive messages from this list, but at some point my messages sent from my "listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net" address ceased arriving on the list. In other words, I was RECEIVING mail from users@openoffice.org but I could not SEND mail... So I signed up for this list under the address st...@afolkey2.net. This has worked perfectly for sending and receiving. Then I tried to unsubscribe listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net. Guess what? I NEVER received a confirmation to reply to. So, my address was "subscribed" enough to continue to receive messages from the list, but not "subscribed" enough to get an email through TO the correct address to get unsubscribed. Not the end of the world, mind you, but it is annoying. But tonight I sent a message to users@openoffice.org as as test FROM listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net. It ARRIVED! Before I started this message, I attempted to unsubscribe listsopenoffice...@afolkey2.net again. I'm going to check right now and see if I got a confirmation yet... Well, nothing yet :( In closing, despite what some people on the list in question might think, it does appear to be possible to:
 1. Subscribe to the list.
 2. Receive mail from the list.
 3. But not be able to send mail TO the list.
 4. And also not be able to send a unsubscribe request TO users-
unsubscr...@openoffice.org
Steven P. Ulrick