[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear Sirs,
I do hope you can help with this one. I have consulted several people and your Book, but to no avail. I have a file of images, and another file of phonetic characters, and I wish to insert one of these into a specific place in Writer. I can transfer, by copy and paste, but the inserted image jumps above or below the required point on the line of text.How do I manage it? Yours sincerely, D.A.Langridge

Try right clicking on the image and selecting *Anchor > As Character*. This you can treat as a character (any other thing you would type) and place it where you want.

For more info about anchoring, please see: <http://openoffice.peschtra.com/tips/ooo_anchoring_graphics.html>.

HTH,

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org