James,

Many thanks. I looked around the OO.o web site but did not see this. This may well get me started enough to do what I need to do.

I should have mentioned my specific application. I have an image obtained from a screen snapshot. I then save in the (painfully primitive) Paint utility. I could save in several graphics formats (but not the native Draw format). I'd save it in Draw directly, but I could not figure out how to do this.

The image is of a short music exercise with finger notations for a different instrument than the one I play. I'd like to erase the existing numbers and replace them with something more appropriate to my instrument.

I'll post further inquiry again once I have played with this tutorial.

It occurs to me that I used to use MS Word to create such drawings, blow them up to 200% and edit pixel by pixel. I'll try that with OO.o Writer's graphics facilities.

--David

James Knott wrote:
David B Teague wrote:

Is there a low level OO.o Draw tutorial available? Draw is not intuitive for me.

When faced with a software package that is new to me, I usually need a small set of instructions that make the tool useful, then I can read the "Help" and other tutorials to find things as needed to extend my knowledge. Getting that first set of instructions isn't easy for me.

Did you take a look here? http://support.openoffice.org