Mark Miller wrote:
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Barbara Duprey <b...@onr.com> wrote:

I'm working on a project that needs to create PDF files of brochures. OOo
seems to honor the brochure setting (Tools > Options, OpenOffice.org Writer,
Pages, Brochure) for direct printing, but not for exporting to PDF. Am I
missing something here? I've been using a pseudo-printer (PrimoPDF) to get
the file, but something has now gone terribly wrong with that and I haven't
figured it out yet. (I suspect my system may be slowly dying, strange things
are happening frequently   :-( )

It may sound elementary, but why wouldn't the file>>export to pdf function
work?  I may have to get involved in brochures for my classroom soon and
thought that's how to do it.  I may choose one of the other FOSS programs
like Scribus though.
What I want is the side-by-side version that can be printed duplexed, then folded. That's what I get if I go directly to the printer. What I get for different options of the PDF Initial View, Page Layout option is:

   * Default: One full page for each brochure page, in order.
   * Single page: Same.
   * Continuous: Same.
   * Continuous facing: A side-by-side view, but with the first page
     alone at right of display, and the last page alone at the left of
     the display, and each page still prints on a separate page.

I do realize that all I'm changing is the view shown, not the actual file structure, but I couldn't find anything else I could control at all that looked relevant.