Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2010/01/07 3:12 PM  Barbara Duprey wrote:
Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2010/01/07 11:13 AM  Barbara Duprey wrote:
I'm working on a project that needs to create PDF files of brochures. OOo seems to honor the brochure setting (Tools > Options, OpenOffice.org Writer, Pages, Brochure) for direct printing, but not for exporting to PDF. Am I missing something here? I've been using a pseudo-printer (PrimoPDF) to get the file, but something has now gone terribly wrong with that and I haven't figured it out yet. (I suspect my system may be slowly dying, strange things are happening frequently :-( )

Adobe Reader will print files saved as PDF as a brochure. I use this all the time since brochure printing in OO.o 3 does not work on Macs (Supposed to be fixed for OO.o 3.3).

I don't see any booklet support native in Adobe Reader (version 8.1.7 on Vista Home Premioum); it allows me to use my printer settings, but none of the combinations ends up with what I want -- at least, I've tried every which way and ended up with various unusable layouts. And while I know our print service can deal with the side-by-side layout, I don't know about other layouts....

I'm using version 9.2. The feature may be new in version 9. You can find it in the print dialogue under "Page Scaling:".

Larry

Ah! I missed that one somehow -- didn't think of this as a scaling issue, and I'd have to redesign my pages to cope with this setting. It's not intended to be scaled, and as is, the content goes way in toward the fold. I think it's reducing everything. With different page styles and margin settings, I could probably make this work. But I'd have to work with all the other folks who sometimes do the printing, since it changes the process. Thanks for the pointer, though!