I am using Windows XP Media Edition which is a special version of XP Professional. Java has updated itself to version 18, and now Openoffice.org claims that the installation is defective. I then went to the Java sight and had it installed again, but got the same error, so I downloaded the offline version and installed it. I went back to the Java website and tested it to see if it installed correctly. The installation was confirmed to be correct. However, OpenOffice.org 3.1 still insists that the installation is defective. I have had OpenOffice.org repair itself with no success in getting it to recognize Java as being properly installed. Has anyone else had this problem?