At 08:15 04/02/2010 -0500, Gene Kohlenberg wrote:
Yes, I went to the Java options section to confirm that 6_18 was identified and selected. Now I wish that the older versions are not now removed when the new Java is installed, because I could have reselected the older one.

If you want to try reinstalling an older version, you have oodles of choice at http://java.sun.com/products/archive/ . After you have installed it, you may want to go to Control Panel | Java | Update and disable automatic update checks.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker