On 13/02/10 11:02, Web Kracked wrote:
Russell Butler wrote:

I presume you downloaded the .debs from the OOo repositories? I just
installed 320m12-RC5, which became 3.2, and running sudo dpkg -i *.deb
in the desktop integration directory, 3.2 is now my default, even
though I still have 3.1.1 installed.

I just wonder if you hadn't run the extra step. Admittedly I'm running
64-bit Jaunty, which could be a little different.

Regards

Russell
Where is the "desktop integration directory" on Jaunty? I would do your
instruction
if I knew where it is. That way I would not have to wait till Ubuntu
gets their own
repository up-to-date. I have both 32- and 64-bit and next week I will
have a 4-core
Ubuntu system to completely install from the OS to all of my favorite
apps, including
OOo. That will be my main "power" machine. So I want the best for it,
which means
starting out with OOo 3.2 instead of Ubuntu's 3.1.x.

So tell me where to extract the debs [ what folder ] and where is the
integration directory
is, then I can do my 64-bit laptop and my 32-bit server. I already have
the Vista laptop
using it. Ubuntu is not that easy for me to get the non-Ubuntu
repository software to
install properly.
Hi,
I unpacked the tgz file I downloaded, in my case :
~/downloads/office/OOO320_m12_native_packed-1_en-GB.9483

In the resulting directory is a directory labelled DEBS, which is where I dpkg -i *.deb. Inside the DEB directory is another called desktop integration, which contains a single .deb called "openoffice.org3.2-debian-menus_3.2-9472_all.deb" That's the one to install. Hadn't realised until now that it was single .deb. Install with dpkg and you should be smiling.

HTH

Russell