On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:20:37 +0000, Maurice Batey wrote:

>  At this point a small window headed 'Apply' opened, but it was
> incomplete, and would not respond to mouse clicks. It also locked up
> Writer.

  Trying again, I find that adding individual items from the
(very long) list does work, and even Add All does now start to work as
if all is well - showing each file name as it processes  it.
  But then - after a few files - it freezes on one (not always the
same one), the Apply window no longer responds to 'Cancel' or
'Exit', and I get an abnormal exit from Writer.

So 'Apply' is screwing up a short way down the list...

--
/\/\aurice