My experience with WinXP/SP3, Intel CoreDuo 2GhZ, 4Gb Ram, is that it is faster than 3.1, but it is very crash prone at the point of saving a file at least in OOW... which is not good, not to mention a big waste of time. Now in most all cases I was able to recover the files, but sofar nothing I've done has made the process any smoother.