Ann wrote:
When I initially started using openoffice in lieu of microsoft word I had no
problems.  For some reason something changed and docs saved as office with .doc
extension do not keep the extension when attached in an email.  Also, They
don't appear in the directory as a .doc.  Something is screwy and I can't
figure it out.  Help please.
Thanks, Ann

When you save a document for the first time, the Save As window opens. At the bottom near the middle is a check box. It is labeled "Automatic file name extension". This should be checked. Normally, it is, but if you accidentally unchecked it, it will remain unchecked until you save a document and check the box. Just be sure to look at this check box when you save a file for the first time. To correct the files which have this problem, open them in OpenOffice.org and use "Save As". To do this, click File to open the File menu. Click Save As. This time make sure that this check box is checked when you save the file.

Dan