RA Brown wrote:
McLauchlan, Kevin wrote:
All,

OOo Writer (3.2.0 on Win XP Pro x64) has taken over the word "Watermark" with something other than what I think of as a "watermark".
My question is how to get the effect I want.

I want to place a graphic on the 'paper', at the very bottom, full-width (edge-to-edge... would bleed if the printer allowed).

I want it to appear on every page, faded to about 30%.

I want it to not interfere in any way with text or graphics on my working page (in the text area).
Insert > Picture > from file doesn't seem to do that.

Format > Page > Background > [graphic tab] won't let me place the imported graphic outside the page margins. It insists on putting it UP from the bottom and IN from the sides of the sheet of paper background. I can't see any options or selections to get past this. What is the procedure to impose what English speakers would really recognize as a "watermark" and not just "some graphic, sorta in back, inside the margins" ??

Thanks,

Kevin,

Have you tried using the "Footer" for what you describe? Under Format -> Page -> Footer -> More there is an option to use a background graphic in the footer region. It does not seem to allow the "bleed" that your asking for but there may be other options that you can try.

Andy

I think as long as the graphic's anchor is in the header or footer, the graphic itself can be dragged wherever you want it.