On 06/15/2010 05:14 AM, John Kaufmann wrote:
> In a message dated 2010.06.15 02:29 -0500, jonathon wrote:
> 
>>> That alone is already a very interesting way to think about this,
>>> beyond what Dotan originally proposed (or at least draws out more
>>> explicitly an advantage implicit in the original proposal). But
>>> then you make the case even more powerful:
>> 
>> Did you know that there was a macro for OOo 1.1.x that provided that
>> functionality?
> 
> No. But just to be clear, the functionality you refer is this?:
>>>> ... the recovery aspect [has] a real benefit. As I indicated, the
>>>> current system does leave the possibility of having closely
>>>> related documents recovered to different points in the workflow.
> 
> So it was a macro to link documents fo synchronization, including 
> synchronized recovery following a document crash?  If so, I would love 
> to see how that worked.  If I have misunderstood your point, please correct.
> 
>> It worked about as well as the equivalent in MSO97. (I don't remember
>> when Microsoft removed that functionality from MSO.)
> 
> I did not know MSO ever had such capability [but my ignorance is vast ;-) ].
> 
> John

I am unlcear about the macro & functionality that Jonathan refers to.
However, I do have both OOo 1.1 and MSO97 and can test/check both if he
can clarify. MSO97 is currently operational on a Win2K virtual machine &
it would only take me about and hour to install OOo 1.1 from the
original CD on the same VM.






---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to