On 05/07/2010 02:05, Jean wrote:
Hi Rob

Sorry if this wasn't supposed to go to you, but I was so upset when I
wrote this letter, I didn't care who got it! I went to open office and
clicked on contact us.My system is Windows Vista Home Premium and it
came on the computer when I bought it in December 2009. I'm a new
computer user, and to be honest with you, so far I'm not impressed with
the program! After I down loaded the 3.2, I can't even open Open
office.org writer. It deleted the old program and didn't replace it with
anything!

Again - my apologies for blowing off steam!!

Jean
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Clement" <r...@robbev.com>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <nea...@rogers.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]

On 04/07/2010 17:44, Jean wrote:
Just a quick letter to let you know that I really do believe that you
product SUCKS!! After spending 5 hours on a cover letter and a
resume, I saved the document and a pop up came up saying I had an
update. It wouldn't let me do anything but the update. So I proceeded
with the update. When it was done, not only did it NOT save the cover
letter or the resume, it DELETED BOTH COMPLETELY! I couldn't find it
anywhere on my system!! 5 hours for nothing!!!
After sending this letter to you ANYTHING that has open office
attached to it on my computer will be deleted.

THANKS FOR NOTHING!

Jean Culbert

Jean

I do not know who you are writing to but this is a group of users trying
to help other users with their problems.

Could you please let us have some information so that others will not
suffer the same problems as you did.

1) What is the operating system you are using and any version
information/

2) where did you obtain the copy if OpenOffice from? There are a number
of sites selling this product and they can give bad information.

I am sorry you have had such a bad experience with OpenOffice.

Thanks

Rob

02:35:00

Jean

We all need to let off steam from time to time and computers have a bad habit of bringing out the worst in us all.

I am running Ooo 3.2.1 on a Windows Vista system so I may be able to help to get you back on track, if you wish. I know that many other word processors are expensive and they have a learning curve as well.

Did you install the new version? This is accomplished by double clicking the downloaded install file and then the install should take you through step by step.

Thanks

Rob