NoOp [mailto:gl...@sbcglobal.net] mentioned:

> This might be of interest:
> <http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/openofficeorg-limits-read
ability-and-grammar-extensions>

Hee heeeee.  Bruce's irony meter must be pinging the peg...

Probably the Google ads change on a rotation, but at the
end of his article, eruditely trashing automated grammar
and readability checkers, I found - big as life and
twice as ugly - an ad for:
"Grammarly
 Instant Grammar Checker
 World's most accurate grammar checker.
 Correct all grammar errors and enhance
         your texts.

     [ > Try Now ]  "

OK, so you had to be there.  But I thought it
was a hoot. Oh, the indignity. "Oh, the ignominiousness!"
(quoting Doggie Daddy after embarrassing himself in
front of Augie Doggy)

Before reading Bruce's article, I would have argued
that writers should rely on skill, knowledge, their
own brains, at least in their native language, but
that various checking tools would be helpful for people
writing in a second or third language.

Now, I admit his point that such checkers give an
authoritative impression that might not be deserved,
and that could get a person into trouble when they
write outside their best-internalized language(s).

Still, as long as the tool is up to current standards
or better, then it likely has some value. If you are
the target market for such a tool and you _don't_  use
one, then people (like recruiters) might wonder why
you didn't either use a tool or borrow a native speaker.

I'm just not sure what to make of this that you said:

> Thanks Raphael. BTW: testing:

> why aren't we all get along?
> You not look good today.

>   http://www.polishmywriting.com/
> shows "No writing errors were found.".

> Seems a bit odd to me.

A big "me too" here.
What up wid dat?
Raphael _did_ say "beta", and not alpha?

 - Kevin

or disclosing it.