Harold,

2010/8/21 Harold Fuchs <hwfa.openoff...@googlemail.com>:
> On 21 August 2010 17:22, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>wrote:
>
>>  Here is the document.... Thanks for testing it.
>>
>> --
>> Andrew Pitonyak
>> My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.odt
>> My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm
>> Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
>> See Also: http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/index.html
>>
>> I saved the document and opened it. The cursor is to the left of the first
> character on page 1. Curiouser and curiouser. Oh, my OOo (3.1.1 Win XP Pro)
> is EN GB so maybe that has a bearing after all.

as far as I know, this works as intended. Since the original document
was saved by Andrew, you should see the document from the very start.
But, when you make a change and safe this, the next time you open the
same document, your cursor should be at the same position where you
were last.

Have you tried changing something? Does this work now for you? It
should not matter, if you have en-US or en-GB of OOo. It should also
not matter if you have the vanilla or the go-ooo build of
OpenOffice.org.

Andrew, if you want, you can send your test document to me as well.

Sigrid